Saturday 24 February 2024

All About My Mother


All About my Mother, The Old Vic, 2007.

Cast: Eleanor Bron, Bradley Freegard, Joanne Froggatt, Robert Galas, Mark Gatiss, Lucy-Anne Holmes, Lesley Manville, Colin Morgan, Eileen Nicholas, Yvonne O'Grady, Charlotte Randle, Diana Rigg, Michael Shaeffer.

Writer: Samuel Adamson, based on the film by Pedro Almodovar.
Director: Tom Cairns.

Going through these boxes it's surprising how much stuff I've seen that's been based on films. And it's not like I've seen everything that has been. It's all a bit disappointing and unnecessary. This didn't need adapting for the stage but I suppose if it hadn't been I'd never have seen Diana Rigg or Lesley Manville (even if I had forgotten I'd seen Diana Rigg). I think Almodovar's time might have passed now and it's a long time since I was at The Old Vic. Perhaps I should reacquaint myself with both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Man, Two Guvnors

One Man, Two Guvnors , Norwich Theatre Royal, 2012. Cast: Amy Booth-Steel, Mark Monero, Colin Mace, Kellie Shirley, Nick Cavaliere, Leon Wil...