Saturday 25 May 2024

The Philadelphia Story


The Philadelphia Story, The Old Vic, 2005.

Cast: Julie McKenzie, Jennifer Ehle, Talulah Riley, Damien Matthews, Colin Haigh, Nicholas le Prevost, DW Moffett, Lauren Ward, Richard Lintern, Kevin Spacey, Oliver Cotton, Laura Brook, Eben Young, Claire Adams, Jeff Peterson, Tim Beckmann, Lucy-Anne Holmes.

Writer: Philip Barry
Director: Jerry Zaks

I imagine Kevin was the main reason for seeing this, getting a chance to align himself with Cary Grant , which now I'd rather not think about. I have friends who think the film is a masterpiece but I prefer High Society, the musical version that came later. I'd forgotten I'd seen Julia McKenzie in something - what a shame it wasn't Sondheim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Breakfast at Tiffany's , Norwich Theatre Royal, 2016. Cast: Georgia May Foote, Matt Barber, Victor McGuire, Katy Allen, Robert Calvert, ...