Wednesday 14 August 2024

Into the Woods


Into the Woods, Menier Chocolate Factory, 2016.

Cast: Paul L Coffey, Andy Groteleuschen, Liz Hayes, Harry Hepple, Claire Karpen, Stefan Lloyd-Evans, Patrick Mulryan, Evan Rees, Vanessa Reseland, Laura Tebbutt, Emily Young.

Music & lyrics: Stephen Sondheim
Book: James Lapine
Directors: Noah Brody & Ben Steinfeld

After Sondheim died, when I was thinking about which of his shows I'd seen, I'd completely forgotten I'd seen this. Looking at the programme now I think I understand why: it was a transfer from Broadway so a lot of the cast are unfamiliar to me. The only person I recognise is Harry Hepple, who at the time had done Boy Meets Girl on TV so I must have known him (and earlier this week I saw him in Hello, Dolly! so hasn't he done well for himself).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dick Whittington

Dick Whittington , London Palladium, 2017. Cast: Julian Clary, Elaine Paige, Ashley Banjo & Diversity, Paul Zerdin, Nigel Havers, Gary W...