Tuesday 27 August 2024

Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead


Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead, The Old Vic, 2017.

Cast: Joshua McGuire, Daniel Radcliffe, David Haig, Louise Beadel, Josie Dunn, Matthew Durkan, Evlyne Oyedokun, Alex Sawyer, Tim van Eyken, Luke Mullins, Helena Wilson, Hermeilio Miguel Aquino, Theo Ogundipe, Wil Johnson, Marianne Oldham, William Chubb.

Writer: Tom Stoppard
Director: David Leveaux

The two leads in this were so good that I'd forgotten it wasn't a two-hander, and when the rest of the cast includes the excellent David Haig that's saying something. I doubt I've enjoyed any production of Hamlet as much as this and I wonder if I should just stop going to see them and just accept that this is the better play now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dick Whittington

Dick Whittington , London Palladium, 2017. Cast: Julian Clary, Elaine Paige, Ashley Banjo & Diversity, Paul Zerdin, Nigel Havers, Gary W...