Tuesday 20 August 2024

No Man's Land


No Man's Land, Wyndham's Theatre, 2016.

Cast: Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Damien Molony, Owen Teale.

Writer: Harold Pinter
Director: Sean Mathias

I went to this hoping that Patrick & Ian would cast the same magic spell over it as they did Waiting for Godot, making something difficult very watchable. And what could be more difficult than Pinter? I went to see one of his plays when I was at Sixth Form - no idea which one, if I remember rightly there was a kitchen table. But lightning clearly doesn't strike twice as this was incomprehensible - in the interval a friend who was also there asked me if I had any idea what was going on. I didn't.

It's good that they're getting to do stuff they're really interested in but now they're getting older and the chances to see them are getting less it's a pity that what they're interested in wasn't a bit more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dick Whittington

Dick Whittington , London Palladium, 2017. Cast: Julian Clary, Elaine Paige, Ashley Banjo & Diversity, Paul Zerdin, Nigel Havers, Gary W...