Sunday 5 May 2024

dinnerladies


dinnerladies, Norwich Theatre Royal, 2009.

Cast: Shobna Gulati, Andrew Dunn, Laura Shepherd, Jacqueline Clarke, Liz Bagley, Stella Ross, Emily Butterfield, Barrie Palmer, Louise Dumayne, Joanne Lee Martin.

Adapted by David Graham from the TV series by Victoria Wood.
Director: David Graham

I assumed I'd seen this after she died because it feels like the sort of thing she'd have said no to because of her complete control over her work but I was wrong. Two people from the original cast can't make up for the complete band of nobodies playing the rest of the characters. I'm sure I liked it, and there was a second version of it so I wasn't the only one, but in retrospect Victoria deserved better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Man, Two Guvnors

One Man, Two Guvnors , Norwich Theatre Royal, 2012. Cast: Amy Booth-Steel, Mark Monero, Colin Mace, Kellie Shirley, Nick Cavaliere, Leon Wil...